Duplex Gate Valve
Australian Valve is a leading Duplex Gate Valve Supplier in Australia. A duplex gate valve is a type of valve used to control the flow of fluid in a pipeline. It is commonly used in applications where uninterrupted flow is required, and maintenance or repairs need to be performed without shutting down the entire system.
The term “duplex” refers to the design of the valve, which consists of two parallel gate discs or plates that are connected to a single stem. Each gate disc can move independently, allowing for separate operation and control of the flow. The gate discs can be opened or closed simultaneously or individually, depending on the requirements.
Australian Valve is a leading Duplex Gate Valve Supplier in Australia. Duplex gate valves are typically used in applications where a high-pressure and high-temperature environment is present, such as in oil and gas pipelines, petrochemical plants, refineries, and other industrial processes. They are designed to withstand the demanding conditions and provide a tight shut-off to prevent leakage. It’s important to note that the design and specifications of duplex gate valves may vary depending on the manufacturer and the specific application requirements. It is always recommended to consult the valve manufacturer’s documentation or engineering standards for accurate and detailed information on a particular valve.
- Handwheel or actuator
- Reliable Shut-Off: Duplex gate valves provide a tight shut-off, effectively sealing the flow passage and preventing leakage. The parallel gate discs and resilient seats ensure a secure and reliable seal, minimizing the risk of fluid loss or contamination.
- Bi-Directional Flow: Duplex gate valves are designed to allow flow in both directions, making them suitable for applications where the fluid may need to flow in either direction. This flexibility eliminates the need for specific orientation during installation.
- Low Pressure Drop: These valves have a streamlined flow path, which results in minimal pressure drop across the valve. This characteristic allows for efficient fluid flow without significant energy loss, making them ideal for high-pressure applications.
- Minimal Maintenance: Duplex gate valves are relatively easy to maintain. The simple design with fewer moving parts reduces the likelihood of component failure or breakdown. Maintenance tasks, such as inspection, cleaning, or replacement of parts, can be performed without shutting down the entire system, thanks to the dual gate configuration.
- Durability: Duplex gate valves are constructed using robust materials such as cast iron, cast steel, or stainless steel, ensuring high durability and resistance to corrosion, erosion, and wear. This makes them suitable for demanding applications in industries like oil and gas, chemical processing, power generation, and more.
- Flexibility in Operation: Duplex gate valves can be operated manually using a handwheel or automated using various actuators such as electric, hydraulic, or pneumatic actuators. This flexibility allows for integration with control systems and enables remote or automated operation, enhancing operational efficiency.
- Minimized Downtime: The dual gate design of a duplex gate valve enables maintenance or repair work to be carried out on one gate disc while the other remains operational. This feature significantly reduces downtime and ensures uninterrupted flow during maintenance activities.
- Oil and Gas Industry: Duplex gate valves are widely used in upstream, midstream, and downstream operations of the oil and gas industry. They are employed in pipelines, refineries, offshore platforms, and storage facilities to control the flow of crude oil, natural gas, refined products, and various chemicals.
- Petrochemical Plants: Duplex gate valves are utilized in petrochemical plants for handling aggressive and corrosive fluids. They are employed in processes such as chemical production, distillation, fractionation, and transportation of petrochemical products.
- Power Generation: Duplex gate valves are commonly found in power plants, including thermal power plants, nuclear power plants, and hydropower facilities. They are used in feedwater systems, cooling water systems, steam lines, and other applications where high-pressure and high-temperature conditions are encountered.
- Water and Wastewater Treatment: Duplex gate valves play a crucial role in water treatment plants and wastewater treatment facilities. They are used for controlling the flow of water, sludge, and various chemicals in processes such as filtration, disinfection, sedimentation, and drainage.
- Mining and Minerals Processing: Duplex gate valves are employed in the mining industry for handling slurries, chemicals, and abrasive materials. They are utilized in mineral processing plants, ore transportation pipelines, and tailings management systems.
- HVAC Systems: Duplex gate valves are utilized in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for regulating the flow of water or other fluids. They are used in chilled water systems, hot water systems, and cooling towers.
- Manufacturing and Industrial Processes: Duplex gate valves find applications in various manufacturing and industrial processes where fluid flow control is critical. They are used in industries such as pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, chemical processing, and more.
- Fire Protection Systems: Duplex gate valves are employed in fire protection systems, including fire sprinkler systems and fire hydrants. They are responsible for controlling the flow of water or fire suppressant agents during firefighting operations.
- Body: Duplex Stainless Steel 4A, 5A, 6A, Super Duplex Stainless Steel, Alloy 20, Hastelloy, Titanium, Stainless Steel
- Disc: A182 F51, F53, F55
- Disc Nut: A182 F51, F53, F55
- Stem: A182 F51, F53, F55
- Nut: A194.4
- Bolt: A193 B16
- Gasket: Stainless Steel+Graphite
- Backseat: A182 F51, F53, F55
- Bonnet: A890 4A, A890 5A, A890 6A
- Packing: Graphite, PTFE
- Pin: A182 F6a
- Gland: A182 F316L
- Gland Follower: A351 CF8
- Stem Nut: Copper Alloy
- Nominal Size: DN15 to DN500
- Nominal Pressure: PN16 to PN43, Class150 to Class1500