Double Block and Bleed Ball Valve
Australian Valve is the largest double block and bleed ball valve supplier in Australia. A double block and bleed (DBB) ball valve is a specialized type of ball valve that provides two independent seals to isolate and bleed the fluid in a pipeline. It combines two block valves and a bleed valve into a single compact unit, offering enhanced safety and convenience in various applications where isolation and verification of fluid flow are crucial. The body of a double block and bleed ball valve is typically made of cast or forged steel and provides the main housing for the valve components. It is designed to withstand high-pressure and high-temperature conditions.
The key advantage of a double block and bleed ball valve is that it provides a compact solution for double isolation and verification of fluid flow. It eliminates the need for multiple valves and associated piping, reducing complexity and installation costs. Additionally, the bleed valve allows for the release of trapped fluid, enhancing safety and facilitating maintenance or system integrity verification.
Australian Valve is the largest double block and bleed ball valve supplier in Australia .Double block and bleed ball valves are commonly used in applications such as oil and gas production, refining, chemical processing, and pipeline systems. They are particularly useful in situations where it is necessary to isolate sections of the pipeline for maintenance, repair, or integrity verification without shutting down the entire system.
- Block valves
- Bleed valves
- Oil and Gas Industry: DBB ball valves are widely used in the oil and gas industry, including upstream, midstream, and downstream operations. They are employed in pipelines, production facilities, storage terminals, refineries, and offshore platforms. DBB ball valves offer enhanced safety by providing double isolation and verification of fluid flow, reducing the risk of leakage and ensuring proper maintenance and integrity verification procedures.
- Petrochemical and Chemical Processing: DBB ball valves play a crucial role in the petrochemical and chemical processing industry, where safety and process integrity are paramount. They are used in pipelines, reactors, storage tanks, and other critical process equipment to isolate and verify fluid flow during maintenance, sampling, or product changeover. DBB ball valves provide a reliable and compact solution for double isolation and bleeding requirements.
- Power Generation: DBB ball valves are utilized in power plants, including thermal power plants and combined cycle power plants. They are employed in steam lines, feedwater systems, cooling water circuits, and other applications where safety, isolation, and verification of fluid flow are necessary. DBB ball valves ensure proper maintenance procedures and allow for system integrity checks without interrupting the power generation process.
- LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) Facilities: DBB ball valves are extensively used in LNG facilities for isolation and verification of fluid flow during loading, unloading, and transfer operations. They provide double isolation to prevent any leakage or accidental release of LNG, ensuring safe and efficient operations in LNG terminals and storage facilities.
- Pipeline Systems: DBB ball valves are crucial components in pipeline systems for various fluids, including oil, gas, water, and chemicals. They are used at pipeline junctions, pump stations, custody transfer points, and pigging stations to provide double isolation and verification of fluid flow during maintenance or integrity checks. DBB ball valves enhance safety and reduce the need for additional valves and piping connections.
- Refineries: DBB ball valves are extensively employed in refineries for critical applications such as hydrocarbon processing, catalyst handling, and product distribution. They provide double isolation for safe and efficient maintenance procedures and assist in verifying process integrity before equipment servicing or repair.
- LNG Terminals and Floating Storage Regasification Units (FSRUs): DBB ball valves are commonly used in LNG terminals and FSRUs for controlling the flow of LNG during loading, unloading, and regasification processes. They provide double isolation and verification of fluid flow, ensuring safe and efficient handling of LNG.
- Enhanced Safety: One of the primary benefits of DBB ball valves is their contribution to enhanced safety. By providing double isolation, they effectively isolate the fluid flow on both sides of the valve, minimizing the risk of leakage and cross-contamination. This feature is crucial in applications where safety is paramount, such as oil and gas, petrochemical, and chemical processing industries.
- Compact Design: DBB ball valves offer a compact design compared to using multiple valves and associated piping for the same level of isolation and verification. This not only saves installation space but also reduces the complexity and costs associated with additional valves, connections, and maintenance requirements.
- Simplified Maintenance: DBB ball valves simplify maintenance procedures by providing a single valve solution for double isolation and verification. This reduces the number of valves that need to be operated, monitored, and maintained during maintenance or integrity verification activities. It streamlines the process, saving time and effort for maintenance personnel.
- Efficient Fluid Control: DBB ball valves offer efficient fluid control capabilities, allowing for precise regulation of flow when needed. With a quarter-turn operation, they provide quick opening and closing, reducing process downtime during maintenance activities.
- Reduced Potential for Leakage: Double isolation provided by DBB ball valves significantly reduces the potential for leakage or unintended fluid release. This improves the integrity of the system, minimizes environmental risks, and helps maintain regulatory compliance.
- Ease of Operation: DBB ball valves are typically designed for ease of operation. They can be operated manually using levers or handwheels, or they can be automated with pneumatic, electric, or hydraulic actuators for remote control and precision operation. This enhances ease of use and allows for seamless integration into process automation systems.
- Flexibility in Application: DBB ball valves are versatile and find applications in various industries and fluid control systems. They can be used in oil and gas pipelines, refineries, petrochemical plants, power generation facilities, and more. Their flexibility makes them suitable for different fluid types, pressures, temperatures, and flow rates.
- Cost Savings: The compact design, simplified maintenance, and enhanced safety features of DBB ball valves contribute to cost savings over the lifecycle of the valve. The reduction in the number of valves and associated piping, as well as the streamlined maintenance procedures, result in lower installation, maintenance, and operational costs.
- Nominal Diameter: 2″ to 48″
- Nominal Pressure: Class150 to Class2500
- Temperature Range: -196?C to 650?C? ??
- Ball Valve Design: API6D, BS5351, ASME B16.34
- Face to face: ASME B16.10, AP6D
- End Flange: ASME B16.5/ASME B16.47
- Buttweld End: ASME B16.25
- Fire Safety: API607, API6A
- Inspection and test: API 598, API6D
- Body: ASTM A105N, ASTM A182 F316L, A182 F51
- Bonnet: ASTM A105N
- Ball: ASTM A105N, ASTM A182 F316L, A182 F51
- Seat: ASTM A182 F316L
- Stem: A182 F51
- Seat Ring: A182 F51
- O Ring: VITON
- Thrust Washer: PTFE
- Bearing: PTFE+SS304
- Gasket: SS304+Graphite
- Body Cap: ASTM A105N